Job Title: Fitter
Location: Dublin, TX
Summary: Our Fitter is responsible for facilitating the competition of steel structures in compliance to blueprints/pre-engineered drawings.
Benefits: Prime offers wages starting at $17+/hr and benefits valued at over $5+/hr. Benefits include a full health insurance policy that is 100% covered by Prime, a 50% matching 401(k) package, and a $25,000 life insurance policy. Comprehensive dental, vision and supplemental life insurance options are also available. PTO is available after 1 year. 7 paid holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently read and interpret blueprints
- Lay out and position metal designs for completion
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts with the use of welding equipment
- Add stiffeners, brackets, face plates, etc. using prints for location prior to finish welding
- Maintains a safe, clean working environment.
- Hold required configurations or positions for welding by a tack-weld, heat-bend, clamp, hold, or grind
- Proficient within a team environment
- Comprehends how to use measuring equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Must be able to pass 1G weld test
- Prior experience in manufacturing/fabrication shop is preferred but not required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player
- Follow safety procedures including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.