Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Dublin, TX
Department: Office – Purchasing
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: Benefits include a full health insurance policy that is 100% covered by Prime, a 50% matching 401(k) package, and a $25,000 life insurance policy. Comprehensive dental, vision and supplemental life insurance options are also available. PTO is available after 1 year. 7 paid holidays.
Summary: Purchasing, planning, forecasting, and managing the process of sourcing materials, products and services needed for manufacturing metal buildings and their related components.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and direct material management and implement purchasing techniques.
- Fulfill material and service requirements based on an understanding of business needs.
- Manage and control inventory levels.
- Forecast and plan for future production and sales growth.
- Resolve problems that arise within the purchasing department.
- Negotiate contracts to secure the best value to the business.
- Coordinate material delivery to meet manufacturing needs.
- Guide the purchasing department with a key understanding of the market.
- Minimal travel is required for trade shows and seminars to further education and understand industry and market trends, as well as visiting vendors.
- Evaluate quality, price, reliability and availability of goods and services.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent proven work experience
- Minimum of two years purchasing experience required.
- Previous experience in the steel industry preferred.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism required.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks based on urgency.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.