Job Title: Quality Controller
Location: Dublin, TX
Department: Structural Fabrication
Starting Pay: $19+/hr based on experience
Benefits: Benefits include a full health insurance policy that is 100% covered by Prime, a 50% matching 401(k) package, and a $25,000 life insurance policy. Comprehensive dental, vision and supplemental life insurance options are also available. PTO is available after 1 year. 7 paid holidays.
Summary: Our Quality Controller is responsible for producing a quality product, while controlling waste, and maintaining complete and safe set-up and operation of the manufacturing machines and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in quality improvement efforts
- Ability to work in fast fast-paced environment
- Ensures safe machine operation.
- Observe safety regulations at all times and bring all non-compliance to the supervisor’s attention.
- Assumes responsibility for producing a good quality product.
- Follow designated methods to attain or surpass productivity goals safely.
- Train crew members as required.
- Perform and ensure accurate reporting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Prior experience in manufacturing/fabrication shop is preferred but not required
- Welding/Fitting background required
- Knows how to read and interpret blueprints
- Basic knowledge of weld symbols
- Basic knowledge of AWS D1.1 welding code
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage job duty and workflow
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player
- Follow safety procedures including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Problem-Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observe safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.