Job Title: Robot Operator
Location: Dublin, TX
Department: Structural Fabrication
Starting Pay: $19/hr based on experience
Benefits: Benefits include a full health insurance policy that is 100% covered by Prime, a 50% matching 401(k) package, and a $25,000 life insurance policy. Comprehensive dental, vision and supplemental life insurance options are also available. PTO is available after 1 year. 7 paid holidays.
Summary: Our Robot Operator is responsible for setting up and operating our web seamer machine in our manufacturing shop in Dublin TX.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently operate robotic welding machines
- Efficiently position and prepare metal parts for completion
- Occasionally grind or spot weld parts
- Quality check parts using checking devices and fixtures
- Accurately read a tape measure, blueprints, and drawings
- Maintains a safe a clean working environment
- Proficient in working within and team and independently
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Prior experience in manufacturing/fabrication shop is preferred
- Must be able to pass 1G limited weld test
- Able to operate HMI and has basic knowledge of pendant operations
- Able to operate a cutting torch and grinder efficiently
- Cortex software experience preferred but not required
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to manage job duties and workflow
- Able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, job orders, manuals, and drawings
- Positive attitude and works as a team player
- Follows safety procedures including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposure to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move more than 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.